As we prepare for the New Year, some items to think about over break include:
- We will be decreasing a bus route over Christmas break. If you are a bus rider, this may change the time you get on in the morning or off in the afternoon. Dan Cumro, transportation manager, will be in touch with all parents over Christmas break as we make these adjustments to let you know what changes will be made and if the bus driver has changed your route.
- We will be looking at some facility updates over the summer. It is important that we keep our building well maintained and up-to-date.
- New laptops will be purchased for the high school students for the 2019-2020 school year. These are a little larger and can be used as a tablet.
- We have a lot of great things happening in our classrooms, across all grade levels. Please take the time to read your BOLT and do not hesitate to stop by and check them out for yourself.
- The holiday music programs were awesome and showed just a few of the talents of our young students.
- We have added a student advisory member to the school board. Austin Herr, Student Council President, will be serving in that capacity for the remainder of this school year.
- Steve Schaardt will go off the board and Tim Schaardt will be our new member starting January 1st.
- For 2019-2020 we will be co-oping junior high football with Pawnee City.
These are only a few of the great things happening at HTRS!
Bus drivers and substitute drivers continue to be challenge to find and employ. If you are interested, please contact the school and talk with Dan Cumro.
As we head in to the holiday season, please drive safely if you are traveling. Classes will resume on January 3rd, 2019. Enjoy the holidays!